Exeter the ceremonial county town of Devon is a must visit location in Devon. There is much to see and do in this town, with cathedrals and shops and more. The restaurant scene in Exeter is absolutely amazing there are so many eating out options here! Fish and seafood restaurants, fine dining, bistros, brasseries, caf bars, pub food you name it Exeter has something to suit all taste buds.
Here are ten excellent eating out options in Exeter:
1. No 21 Cathedral Yard: This restaurant overlooks the gothic cathedral in Exeter, and has a stunning view. During the daytime, this restaurant is a wonderful caf bistro, set in relaxed modern contemporary surrounding. At night, it is well known for its Al fresco dining.
2. The White Hart in Woodbury: This is a village pub with a great British menu serving fresh local produce such as fish, meat and game. This pub has a very pretty beer garden, which deserves a visit!
3. The Mill on the Exe: This is located next to the river and offers stunning views and excellent food. With roaring open fires, a conservatory dining room, rustic wooden furniture and a leafy outdoor terrace this restaurant is a treat!
4. Herbies: If you are looking for vegetarian food this is the place to go. With a creatively selected menu with worldwide flavours this is something that will appeal to everyone, even if you are not a vegetarian.
5. The Lamb Inn: This is a 16th century former coaching house with open fires, low ceilings, comfy sofas, stunning bedrooms and superb food using quality ingredients. This inn is located in the village of Sanford and is one of the most popular in the area.
6. Boulevard Restaurant: This is another eating out joint in Exeter. It is a continental style caf restaurant which serves quality good at reasonable prices. From Thursday to Saturday nights, this restaurant goes Mexican and serves authentic Mexican food amidst a party atmosphere.
7. The Oddfellows: This is an excellent bar which serves English cuisine and remarkable cocktails in a relaxing atmosphere at a fair price. The Oddfellows is passionate about its food and uses a free range of meat and local produce.
8. The Nobody Inn: This is one of Devons leading inns, renowned for its wine and whisky list, local cheeses and fresh and local produce. With antique furniture, timeless atmosphere and bags of old world charm, this is definitely worth visiting.
9. The Three Horseshoes: Famous for its traditional carvery, and classic English pub food, this eating out option in Exeter is another great place to take the family out.
10. Jack on the Green: This is one of Exeters best fine dining eating out restaurants. Serving top quality food with a great attention to detail, this is an excellent place for an intimate dinner.