There happened an accident of cruise sinking in Halong bay in February 2011 , which affected enormously to the local tourism.
Despite this devastating accident, Halong Bay and Vietnam remain a very safe destination. According to one report, 2.3 million tourists traveled to Halong Bay in the first ten months of last year. There were no accidents at all in 2010.
There comes millions and millions of wonderful feedback about trips to Halong bay and surely tourists will continue to contribute its fame.
Vietnam Adventures, a local travel agency who have worked more than 10 years with cruises to Halong highly recommend travelers some tips for choosing a good cruise or travel company who offer Halong Tours
– Choose a cruise which is not really budget. A program for 2 days 1 night may which costs from 50usd and upper is reasonable. The terms of luxury is not really accurate with some travel agencies inside the Old Quarter of Hanoi.
you get what you pay
– Only book the cruise with travel agencies whose tour guide and boat are well-licensed.
– For those, who do not have good images of overnight onboard, an trip that offers overnight in Cat Ba island is a perfect alternative.
– Recommended Cruises:
Emeraude Classic Cruise
Red Dragon Junk
Prince Junk Cruise
Princess Junk Cruise
Huong Hai Junks
Halong Emotion Junk
Bai Tho Junks
Victory Star Junk
Hai Long Junk
– Imperial Cruise
– Marguerite Cruise
How can you ensure a safe trip to Halong bay with us?
– We provide you a mobile phone for every single trip inside Vietnam.
– We do check with Halong Administration & boat crew for every single stay onboard of yours